One of our favorite recipes. French toast is cheap, east, and delicious. Plus it can be eaten anytime of the day Breakfast, lunch or dinner!
1/2 Cup Milk (125ml)
5 Slices of bread
Butter for frying
Maple syrup, honey, or powdered sugar to taste
Bowl for mixing milk and eggs
1) Combine milk and eggs in bowl. Mix well till combined
2) Heat pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, melt a little butter in the pan.
3) Dip slice of bread in egg/milk mixture. Make sure both sides are covered.
4) Fry bread until brown on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
5) Add sweets on top: syrup, honey, powdered sugar, jam.
–We like to remove the milk and add applejuice instead. Then fry a couple thin slices of apple on the pan with some butter after you’ve finished cooking the bread. The fried apples make a delicious topping for the french toast.
–Jam works well on top of the french toast as well.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!