Ramen Noodles are a great base for many meals. They are also easy to find, inexpensive and travel well. Here is a simple recipe to make a package of ramen go a long way!
1 Package Beef Ramen Noodles
3 Tomatoes, Diced
1 Green Pepper, Diced
1 Onion, Diced
1/2 pound ground beef (0.250 kilo)
1/2 cup water (more or less to get your desired consistancy
Frying Pan / Skillet
Cover for skillet
Dish for holding beef
1) Brown beef in skillet over medium heat, once beef is browned, and finished cooking, place to the side in a small dish. (about 2-3 minutes)
2) Add tomatoes, water onions, and green pepper into skillet and cook in the juices left over from the beef. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, depending on how soft you want the vegetables.
3) Crush ramen noodles and stir into skillet. Add flavor packet, cover and cook until noodles are tender. About 2 minutes.
4) Add Beef back to skillet to warm up, and serve.
-You can use any assortment of vegetables; fresh or canned.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!