Pasta is the go-to easy hostel recipe, a fellow traveler submitted this recipe to us. Replace tomato sauce with this beautiful lemon sauce. Enjoy.
1 pound spaghetti noodles (1/2 kilo)
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
2/3 cup Olive Oil
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
Fresh Basil (optional)
Pot for boiling
1) Bring water to boil and cook spaghetti
2) While spaghetti is cooking, combine oil, juice from lemons, cheese, salt and pepper, and basil. (you can add some lemon zest as well for an additional lemon bite)
3) When spaghetti is finished, drain (save a cupful of liquid) and add the lemon sauce from step 2
4) Add saved spaghetti liquid and add a little bit at a time till you have the consistency you want, serve, and enjoy!
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!