Here is a cheap and easy recipe for hostel cooking. Only three ingredients, but a lot of flavor. Thank you to Chris for this recipe.
4 cloves garlic
6 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces spaghetti
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti. Cook until “al
Peel and chop the garlic. Combine with olive oil in skillet and cook
until garlic starts to “dance”.
Pour drained spaghetti into skillet along with 1/3 cup of the pasta
water and heat through.
Toss gently and season with salt and pepper.
You can add “mix ins” if desired. Grated Parmesan, bacon bits, red
pepper flakes etc.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!