Spaetzle is a tasty, filling, and easy recipe for hostels. Yum, we first fell in love with spaetzle while living in Salzburg. Here is a quick recipe if you can’t find ready-made spaetzle and you are in need of some.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
Pot for boiling water
1) Mix eggs, flour, water, and salt together to make the batter
2) In pot, boil a couple of cups of water.
3) Once water is boiling, spoon batter, one spoonful at a time into the boiling water.
4) When the spaetzle is done, it will float to the top, scoop them out and enjoy!
-You can fry the spaetzle in a couple tablespoons of butter for some extra flavor. Add onions or bacon while you fry for more flavor.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!