Yum! We were at a tea party in the beach town of Huanchaco, Peru (Just outside of Trujillo) when we were introduced to these lovely sandwiches. The owner of the restaurant Chocolate has a friend in town that makes homemade peanut butter. A little bit sweet, light, and refreshing, these sandwiches would be the perfect snack after a long day walking around a hot city, or the perfect sandwich to pack in a daypack for a quick picnic on the beach.
Knife for cutting Cucumber
1) Wash cucumber, peel (optional), and slice into 1/4 in slices.
2) Add peanut butter and cucumbers to sandwich and enjoy!
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!