Canned tuna is almost everywhere, it travels well, is small, and packs a bunch of protein for cheap. We made these burgers in Argentina after having way too many regular burgers. This is a lighter alternative to hamburgers. Enjoy!
2, 6 oz cans of tuna
1/3 cup crackers, crushed
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
bowl for mixing
cup for beating eggs in
1) Beat 2 eggs in cup with a fork.
2) open cans of tuna and drain water.
3) Pour tuna into the bowl and separate the chuncks with fingers. Add crackers, onion eggs, juice from half the lemon, and pepper, mix until combined
4) Make 4 patties from the mixture
5) Heat skiillet over medium heat, add olive oil to coat pan.
6) cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown
–can serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, and mayo
–top with a slice of cheese to added flavor
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!