We were in Peru, around Cusco, and found ourselves surrounded by avocados of all shapes and sizes. Delicious, filling, and inexpensive they are a great snack. If you can’t find tortillas you can always make a quick sandwich instead.
2 flour tortillas
2 tablespoons butter / oil for heating tortillas
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
1/2 lime for juice
salt and black pepper
Pan for heating tortillas
1) Combine avocado, cilantro, and lime juice in small bowl and mash coarsely with fork. season with salt and pepper
2) Warm pan over medium heat, coat with a little oil/butter for toasting tortillas.
3) Sprinkle tortillas with cheese.
4) Place 2nd tortilla on top and gently press into position
5) Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in skillet. Brown each side of the quesadilla until crisp. about 2 minutes each side.
6) remove from heat, cut into quarters and top with guacamole.
To add a little more flavor to the guacamole try adding:
1 small tomato, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!