This is a tasty and refreshing salad. If you run across fresh mangoes you will be going back to this staple time and time again. If you haven’t cooked with mangoes before, take a look at the Mango Page in the food market to get an idea of how to select and prepare mangoes.
We like to make a double batch of this recipe and keep some in the refrigerator for a quick snack, or to pack along on for a walk around town.
200g spiral pasta
1 ripe mango
1 small tomato
1 small red onion
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves (optional)
pot for boiling pasta
large bowl for serving
1) Boil water for pasta
2) While waiting for water to boil, dice the tomato, onion, and mango.
3) Cook pasta according to package directions.
4) When pasta is finished combine with tomatoes, onion, mango, and cilantro. Squeeze juice from lime over the mixture.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!