Mango and Avocado salad. There is no more refreshing salad for a warm day in the tropics. Enjoy!
1/2 Red onion (small)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (we liked olive)
1 Tablespoon vinegar (balsamic or red wine)
Salt and black pepper to taste
Serving Bowl (Large enough to hold all ingredients)
Fork for mixing dressing
Cup/glass for mixing dressing
1) Cube mango, dice red onion, and cube avocado. Add all ingredients to serving bowl.
2) Combine oil, vinegar, and lime together in glass to make dressing. Mix well.
3) Pour dressing into the serving bowl with the mango, onion, and avocado. Mix well.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!