Light, Sweet, and refreshing a great treat while on the road! Great quick meal if you find fresh strawberries!
1 bunch of spinach
2 cups sliced strawberries Strawberries (300g)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
Small bowl for dressing
Cutting board (optional)
1) Wash spinach.
2) Pull off spinach stems.
3) Cut spinach leave into strips.
4) Wash strawberries.
5) Quarter strawberries.
6) Toss spinach and strawberries together in a salad bowl.
7) Add oil, vinegar, and sugar to a small bowl and wisk with a fork.
8) Pour dressing over spinach and strawberries.
Let everything sit for a couple minutes to let the flavors blend in. You can add juice from 1/2 orange to the dressing to give it a bit of citrus punch.
Toss and enjoy!
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!