Leah and I were a little lazy today, and wanted something extra fast, tasty, and easy. So we went for some chicken with ramen noodles, and added some home-made hollandaise sauce.
Extremely easy and creamy chicken with hollandaise sauce! Another great recipe with ramen noodles! You can substitute regular noodles for the ramen noodles if you desire, you will just need to spice the dish yourself.
There are a few steps in this recipe, but its not very hard at all. The only “tricky” part is making the hollandaise sauce, keep the heat low so you don’t scramble the eggs.
2 Packages Chicken Ramen Noodles
1 Chicken Breast
4 Egg yolks
Pot for boiling ramen
Making the Hollandaise Sauce
1) Separate egg yolks into a small dish.
2) Wisk juice from 1/2 lemon into the egg yolks.
2) On low heat melt butter (in microwave, or in a pan if you dont have a microwave) Pour melted butter into a separate small dish
3) Add yolks to a frying pan over low heat, Slowly add warm butter to the egg yolks, wisk as you add the butter. Do not add all the butter at one time, pour a little at a time and wisk as you add it.
Preparing the Dish
1) Cut chicken into small strips.
2) Season chicken strips with 1/2 ramen noodle seasoning packet.
3) On medium-high heat fry chicken and a spoonful of butter.
4) Fry for 2-3 minutes then flip.
5) Fry for an additional 3 minutes.
6) Prepare ramen noodles per packet instructions. Do not use seasoning.
7) Drain ramen noodles.
8) Combine noodles, chicken, hollandaise sauce and the remaining 1/2 packet of ramen seasoning and stir together over low heat.
Special Recent Posts
- Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Hilary’s Tomato Hotpot
- Lightly Fried Eggplant
- Paella the Ultimate Hostel Dish
- Pancakes! With Fruit…
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Ramen Noodles with Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Espanola)
- Tuna Burgers
- Zesty Lemon Pasta
- Black Beans and Rice
- Cheese and Avocado Quesadillas
- Cucumber and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwich
- Mango Pasta Salad
- Mangcado Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roesti – Breakfast Swiss Style
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Salad – with extras
- Food Market
Here you will find easy to prepare recipes for travelers. We have been backpacking on and off for almost five years gathering recipes in hostel kitchens wherever we go. We've included all of our favorite hostel recipes.
We try to use only a couple ingredients and to keep everything healthy. Vegetables can be few and far between when traveling.
If you have a recipe to add, please do!